- Whitsunday Parasail and Watersports.
- At Coral Sea resort, walking distance from town, on the western point. Parasail A$49 Jetski A$35 for 15 minutes, A$60 for 30 minutes. Also dingy hire from A$77 a day.
- Tandem skydive over Whitsunday islands.
- Video and photo package also available. Established 1991. About A$250 last I checked. Pick up and drop off service.
- Morrison's Trail Rides to Cedar Creek Falls.
- Courtesy vehicle for 30 minutes to the farm, with a midday pickup. Swim at the Falls. Beginners welcome. A$66 includes afternoon tea.
- Bush Adventures
- Whitsunday quad bike bush adventures. Two hour bush tour on an quad bike, followed by ploughman's lunch. Transfers to accommodation. $110. Great view point, rainforest. 4946 7172 www.bushadventures.com.au
- Proserpine River half day Eco Tours on River
- Runner boat. Departure times vary with tide. Includes bus transfers from Airlie, wetlands tour in open wagon, cruise on the river, mud crab capture and display, billy tea and damper, commentary. Crocodiles possible, although there are only about 50 in the river. A$48
- Fawlty's 4WD Tropical Rainforest tour
- departs 10:30 returns 4 p.m. Tour sugar fields, Cedar Creek crossing, picnic lunch ingredients supplied (DIY - don't trust Steve), rainforest walk. If Steve is doing it, it will be very silly (ask jan howard finder). A$42
- Rob Bredl's Barefoot Bushmans Wildlife Park
- (as seen on Discovery Channel, World Around Us, etc). Various events during day. Kangaroo feeding 10 am handle baby animals 10:30. Snake show 11:15. lunch break (there or back at Airlie) Cultural encounter aboriginal show 1 pm. (this is new - I haven't seen it). Crocodile encounter (for Rob, you just watch) 2 pm. Walk around park, birds, cassawaries, dingos, etc. Get there on Whitsunday Transit buses (I'll have a recent schedule closer to the time). Also new, an evening show with nocturnal animals night croc show, Kup Murri tucker with aboriginal style stuff and music, followed by a corroboree by local Cultural Encounters aboriginal and islander group. 10 acres, 12 live repite cases, 900 animals, 100 species 6 crocodile pens,2 koala enclosures, 3 walk in aviaries, 60 kangaroos, 2 dingo pens, 3 cassowary areas, 10 guides.
- Reeforest rainforest and platypus eco safari
- to Finch Hatton Gorge and Eungella National Park A$99 for full day Express coach departing Airlie 8:30 a.m. returning 7:30 p.m. aprox. About 150 km to the Gorge via Pioneer Valley and cane fields. Morning tea at St Helens Creek with damper and tea. Guided walk in Finch Hatton Gorge. Ullyses butterflies, monitor lace lizards, birds. Swim. BBQ lunch at bush camp. Up 2500 feet to Eungella Chalet for the view of the valley. Broken River for afternoon tea and attempt platypus spotting, turtles, etc.
- There are also things that are free, like taking a
bus to one of the National Park tracks and taking a
Swimming in the large lagoon by the shore.