My web domain contains three different web sites.
The Whitsunday Coast and Islands
- Airlie Beach
- Airlie Beach, party town, gateway to Australia's Great Barrier Reef,
in tropical North Queensland, the greatest place on earth to live, until the developers stuffed up paradise.
Tourist, dive, sailing and boating wonderland. Check out the area, the
shops, the boat trips, Whitsunday Terraces Resort where we live, reports
on Whitsunday islands boat trips. About 30 pages.
- Epoc and Psion Palmtops
- Psion and Epoc palmtop computers, the models, the software, and how
to use them more effectively. The most productive miniature business
computers of the 20th Century. Dead alas in the 21st Century, and not replaced by any functional equivalent. About 80 pages.
- Palmtop and Pocket Computers
- Historical material on palmtop, handheld and pocket computers,
about 1990 to 2000.
- General Computer
- Computing topics that didn't fit the more specialised palmtop
- Applix DIY computer manuals
- Copies in PDF of the manuals I wrote for Andrew Morton's home brew Applix Motorola 68000 based multitasking computer circa 1985.
Science Fiction Fandom
- An amateur magazine about written science fiction, SF fan
conventions, and travel to them. A hobby of mine since 1972. Lots of
short SF book reviews on site. Some back issues in HTML and Postscript
format. This one is for my old friends.
- The fan fund to assist SF fans travel between Australasia and Europe.
Our old trip report is here.
- A convention at Airlie Beach 14-17 June 2002. For SF fans. Come
and experience the relaxed Queensland life style we enjoy. Kept for historical cover.
- Australian Science Fiction Writers
- Short biographical notes on Australian science fiction authors, plus
Australian SF bookshops and publishers. Outdated.
- I started a web log on Tuesday 14 March 2005, as a place to store notes that would otherwise languish in file folders. More a mind dump than a work in progress. Weblogs: everyone talking, no-one listening.
Internet Explorer is the village idiot of web browsers. It is unable to display correctly served, totally valid XHTML. Internet Explorer prior to version 9 will not work. This is due to IE bugs I am no longer willing to work around. To view my web pages, use any standards based web browser. Alternate web browsers include Apple Safari, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, plus numerous others (which now, I believe, include Internet Explorer 9).
I hope you have enjoyed www.ericlindsay.com.
If you have corrections
email Webmaster. Physical mail is not delivered to my address in Airlie Beach, Qld 4802 Australia since late 2009. Blame Australia Post.